Employee Counselling in the Workplace | Plumm
Plumm offers employee counselling and mental wellbeing services to help your staff manage personal and work-related stress. Contact us today to learn more about how our employee counselling services can help improve productivity, combat burnout and boost team morale.
What is employee counselling and why is it important?
Many companies do not make provision for mental wellbeing services such as therapy or counselling, putting the onus on employees to seek out these services themselves. This poses several logistical challenges for employees who are in need of such services, especially for those who do not know where or how to find the relevant services. In scenarios such as these, employees may be deterred by the high costs of therapy, or by the trouble of finding the right therapist to match their needs. They might also be reluctant to travel far distances to see their therapist or be apprehensive in seeking professional help due to the possible stigma attached to it.
Plumm recognises the possible barriers that many individuals face when having to seek the necessary support themselves, and that is why Plumm’s services are specifically designed to be both accessible and affordable. At Plumm we acknowledge that employee counselling serves many important functions, as it allows one to reflect, grow, and prioritise better – which can increase work satisfaction, improve productivity, and help with communication and goal setting. These positive changes are invaluable not only to a company’s culture and work dynamic, but also to the output and long-term success of the business.
What does employee counselling entail?
You may be wondering, what are the steps in employee counselling and how does it work? The process may vary depending on your provider, but at Plumm it works as follows:
- After you have registered with Plumm, you log into your account and gain instant access to 24/7 chat therapy and 1:1 video therapy.
- The therapist who is assigned to you is hand-picked based on the relevance of your needs to their profile (i.e. do they speak your preferred language; do they specialise in the specific area you wish to focus on?).
- You are given the opportunity to choose which area of your life you would like to focus on in each session (e.g. work, relationships, addiction, body, mind etc.).
- In between therapy and coaching sessions, you have access to on-demand self-help resources like wellbeing courses, guided meditations, de-stressing soundscapes, and more.
What are the different methods of employee counselling?
At Plumm, we offer both life coaching and counselling. Within the area of counselling, there are several methods that your therapist may employ depending on what is most suitable for your specific case or personal preferences. Some of the most commonly used methods of counselling include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- EMDREmotion Focused Therapy
- Existential Therapy
- Exposure Therapy
- Psychoanalytic Therapy
Does your business need expert employee counselling services?
If your employees are displaying symptoms of burnout, chronic stress, low mood, lack of motivation, and/or reporting physical ailments frequently (e.g. headaches, body pains, colds and flu) they would benefit significantly from counselling services. Plumm offers confidential employee counselling to help your people manage personal and work-related stress, with the objective of improving productivity, boosting morale, and increasing job satisfaction.
How does workplace counselling help employees and employers?
Employee counselling programmes can benefit those in leadership and management positions as well. It can help individuals to better cope with stress and anxiety and help them to resolve conflict or underlying tension that they may be experiencing in their personal or professional lives.
What are the benefits of workplace counselling?
Plumm offers a variety of employee counselling methods that are tailored to meet the specific needs of your business. You’ll be amazed to see how much better your staff will perform when they feel happier and less stressed out.
Contact us today to find out more about our employee counselling services or sign up to experience the many benefits first-hand.
- Carers Week (1)
- Counselling (2)
- Employee wellbeing (6)
- Food and Mental Health (3)
- Fundamental Concepts (23)
- Health (4)
- Health and Lifestyle (25)
- Men's Mental Health (2)
- Mental Health (40)
- Mental Health Awareness (8)
- Mental Health Awareness Month (9)
- News (1)
- Partner (3)
- Personal growth (10)
- Plumm News (1)
- Practices (9)
- Relationship Counselling (1)
- Self Help (29)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Women's Health (1)
- Work and Mental Health (12)
- Workplace Post Covid-19 (1)
Leave a Reply